Friday, December 18, 2009

Birthday Betty



Today marks the 93rd birthday of Betty Grable, who was born December 18, 1916 in St. Louis, Missouri. She is one of my absolute favorite stars! I think that Betty truly is among the most beautiful classic stars, if not THE most beautiful of all. And I'm not just talking about the legs - she's got the whole package! Betty was beautiful inside and out; a triple threat, consummate professional and just a wonderful woman. It is such a treat to watch her onscreen. Even if all of her movies are not exactly masterpieces, she truly lights up the screen! My favorite Grable movie is Moon Over Miami. I think I'll go and pop in the DVD and raise my glass in honor of this everlasting star!



I also want to give a birthday shout out to Miss Matilda and take this opportunity to say a big thank you for creating such beautiful gowns! They truly are among the very best on the market. I hope you have a good one, doll!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetie xx I'm home now and reqading all
    the lovely wishes everyone has sent over xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis