Saturday, December 12, 2009

My goals for 2010



I am not really into making New Year resolutions because the fact is that I most often have trouble keeping them. I do, however, like to set goals for myself and look back to see what I've achieved. Some of the goals that I listed back in January of this year include:

I will continue taking better care of myself
Make more time for me
Further educate myself about classic Hollywood

Looking back at these goals, I've actually improved on all of them. I have taken better care of myself by exercising more (mainly in the form of swimming), eating healthier and smaller proportions, cutting down on junk food and drinking more water. In result, I have managed to lose quite a bit of weight, which I am proud of. My goal wasn't to lose weight per se - but it was and still is to be healthy. Making more time for me is always a work in progress but this year I have cut down on internet and sites and spent more time reading, exercising, cooking and working on my hair and make-up, all of which to me equal valuable "me time". Lastly, I certainly have further educated myself about classic Hollywood by continuing the endless fun of catching up on old films and reading biographies. In fact, I wrote my university dissertation on neo-noir and did a lot of research by watching many classic noirs and reading about them.

And how about my goals for 2010?

Again, I will continue taking better care of myself and work hard at not falling back on old, nasty eating habits. Exercise at least twice a week
Cut down on my spending and save up so I can make the move to London later in the year
Learn to store and maintain (clean and fix) my beloved vintage collection better
Learn to make my own clothing from vintage patterns. I really wish I would have paid better attention to this at school but I didn't and I can't change that. But I can very well work on this in 2010 :)

What are your goals and resolutions for the New Year 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis