Thursday, December 10, 2009

On my wishlist: shoes by Minna Parikka



It is often hard for me to find contemporary shoes that make me go completely ga-ga. Vintage shoes, especially ones from 1940s, are a whole other story. But the problem is that most early to mid 20th century shoes are small and narrow so it is rare to find that perfect fit. And even though the quality of the craftmanship was far superior compared to your average shoe today, I still wear my vintage shoes with caution, especially during winter.

But there is one contemporary shoe designer that stands apart from the rest for me and that is Minna Parikka. She is, hands down, my favorite Finnish designer. Her shoes are to die for; cute, elegant, feminine, fun, timeless. Here are just a few of my favorites from the newest Parikka collection.

Enjoy the eye candy!




How oh how could I possibly resist shoes called 'Clara Bow'? And rightfully so!











4 comments:

  1. oh DROOL. Love the red and white, especially!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are really lovely. I had heard of this designer but of course she is not available where I come from. The boots are especially exciting. Lovely pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the Clara Bow shoes!!! They are too beautiful to be true. :D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis