Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Confessions of a Dress-a-holic

Long time, no blog! I've been insanely busy at work this month but my internship is coming to an end soon, which means more sewing, more classic films, more blogging, and more photos. Meanwhile, I thought I'd post a few photos of the gorgeous finds I've been lucky enough to snag as of recent.


1930s day dress via fabgabs


I am overjoyed to have found this amazingly adorable 1930s dress! If you're a plus-sized vintage enthusiast like me, you know how incredibly difficult it is to find 1930s dresses in larger sizes - let alone for a decent price! 1930s is my favorite era and I've never before actually had a dress that is 1930s vintage. So, yes, I'm very happy about this dress.


1950s day dress via fabgabs


Another beautiful daytime dress from fabgabs. I fell in love with the color, the collar detail and the hip pockets. I've been after a beautiful day dress and am glad I found the perfect one.



1950s dress via CapriciousTraveler


I could hardly believe it when I came across this dress. It is a green silk dress with autumn-y leaf print by Meera Brooke. I love the bow collar detail, which unfortunately doesn't show too well in this photo. It is in deadstock condition with the original tags still attached. Cost of the dress? Less than $50. I am still in awe. This lovely number has quickly become one of my favorites. All I can say is a big THANK YOU to CapriciousTraveler!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful finds! Especially the 30's dress is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dresses! The shades of teal and peach will look especially striking with your red hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all great finds! I especially love the 30s dress, so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Cute blog. I saw your comment about curvy gal vintage on VaVoom Vintage blog and thought you might be interested in my blog Tart Deco (http://tartdeco.blogspot.com).

    I myself am a curvy vintage-lovin' gal and try to blog about plus size finds, as well as other vintage lifestyle tidbits (and giveaways!). Hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tart Deco - Thanks for your comment! I will definitely check out your blog. Us curvy, vintage loving ladies definitely need to stick together! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis