Thursday, April 1, 2010

Everyday Fashions of the Thirties As Pictured in Sears Catalogs

I have been looking for vintage Sears catalogs for a while but ones from the early to mid 20th century are a) rare to come by and b) tend to be on the pricey side, naturally. So I was delighted when I found this cheaper alternative; a book that has gathered together pages from Sears catalogs throughout the 1930s, titled Everyday Fashions of the Thirties As Pictured in Sears Catalogs. You can get your copy at Amazon for $10.17. It features 133 pages full of Thirties fashion inspiration, each piece more gorgeous than the other! I have quite a lot of books on vintage fashion but I must say that these Sears books definitely rank on the very top of my list. What could be better than seeing actual everyday fashion from the period, instead of a couple of high end pieces that general vintage books tend to showcase?

I also have the Sears books from the Forties and Fifties so stay tuned for some sneaks from those as well.








4 comments:

  1. Yes, that's a good one. I also ADORE my three Schiffer books that deals with early, mid, and late fashionable clothes from the 1930s Seas catalogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BaronessVonVintage - Thanks for the Schiffer recommendation! I will definitely look into those books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i love old catalogs! I have one from 1953.
    The hats! The shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona Timantti - Lucky you! Is it a Sears catalog? How did you find it?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis