Friday, April 2, 2010

A spring day

Today's Good Friday was a beautiful day and you could finally really smell spring in the air. We decided to take advantage of the good weather and do a little bit of art historical sightseeing in the nearby area. We first went to the Old Church of Messukyl√§, a medieval stone church that was built circa 1510–1530. It is the oldest building in Tampere. Unfortunately, I didn't get any decent photos of the church but if any of you are interested, you can see what it looks like here.



Next we went over to the unique Viinikka Church, which was built in late 1920s/early 1930s and opened in 1932. The Viinikka area itself is stunning with pastel color wood houses that match my outfit, hee!





I wore a springy mint colored 1950s brocade dress that I got from eBay last autumn for under $30. It was badly stained but thankfully I managed to clean it up pretty nicely. I paired it with a purple Monsoon sweater and a 1950s vintage clutch, which I got from Etsy. The white Oxford shoes are by Global Essentials.

13 comments:

  1. i'm loving your white shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra - Thank you! I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweetheart! Lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress. Lovely location too. & you had lovely blue skies just like we did here. Have a blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona Timantti - Why thank you, darling!

    FairyFiligree - Thanks! Yes, I've missed those blue skies so much, especially because they help melt away those evil hills of snow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos!! I adore your dress and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BaronessVonVintage - Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit! I love the contrast between your spring outfit and the snow in the first picture :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piia - Thanks! :) I was feeling very springy on that day. Of course, it is grey and cold again today... Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is marvelous, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggi - Thanks so much for the sweet comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just to let you know I like your blog so much I've tagged you with an award on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Miss B - Aww, thank you so much! That means a lot to me, especially as it is my very first award. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis