Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1940s summer dress

Looking at these photos, it would appear that I pretty much lived all of last week in this sweet floral 1940s summer dress, made by Caldwell Casuals. The weather was warm and nice during the first half of the week so I took my new dress, bought from Frau Rosette at Fintage, out and about a couple of times. It is the kind of versatile dress that you can easily wear to the beach during the day and also to the movies when the evening comes.

Last week I also wore my new Nivea Rouge d'amour lipstick by Chantal Thomass, which is a really nice true red that I've been eyeing for a while. It isn't quite as matte as I generally prefer my lipstick to be but, on the other hand, it actually feels moisturizing (unlike most of the mattes). That is a big bonus in my book as my lips tend to dry easily. It isn't quite as glamorous as something like Russian Red or Ruby Woo but makes a good everday lipstick.







10 comments:

  1. I just noticed now: your haircolour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ina! I love it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! I love that one of you looking so happy in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love wearing this dress--it's so pretty!

    The new lipstick suits you well too--I wish more of the Nivea line was available here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REal pretty dress, real lovely weather and as always, love your hair colour. Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the dress is lovely! Pure perfection! And I love the shot with the Coca Cola glass. Where is it taken?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments!

    Piia - The photo was taken at American Diner, a 50s inspired restaurant close to the Plevna cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress, perfect for summer! And i think your lipstick suits you very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress! It does look versatile, which is always a plus. =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis