Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preparing for fall

It is the unfortunate truth is that fall has come to Finland. The temperatures have dropped and it is rainy and grey... Ugh! A lot of people seem to be excited about dressing for fall but I have never mastered dressing for colder weather. Quite frankly, I'm dread the fall and, especially, the winter season. I feel that it is more difficult to find vintage (and vintage inspired!) accessories, cardigans, coats, shoes (etc!) for colder weather compared to summertime - especially in larger sizes.

I have been trying to prepare for fall time early this year, buying different pieces here and there. Today I ordered the 1940s beret and scarf set in royal blue from Marion May. Around same time last year I ordered the 1920s hat and scarf set in purple, which I loved and wore throughout the season.

I'd warmly recommend Marion May for those of you who live in colder climates, love vintage crochet - but are rather challenged in knitting by yourself, like me. ;)


PS. Just how cute is the 1940s beret and cape set? So very vintage superheroine! I hope to order mine soon.

7 comments:

  1. I have a cape a beret in white...The blue is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The royal blue looks striking! I just love fall, when it's not too hot or too cold as yet. But agree, Finnish winter and vintage are difficult combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! That shade of blue is going to look stunning on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laitan nyt tänne blogiin kun en löytänyt sun sähköpostia... Eli mulle kävis tämä tuleva viikonloppu kirppis-kiertelyyn (edellyttäen että tää flunssa ei kaada mua toimintakyvyttömäksi petiin). Laita tekstaria tms miten sun aikataulut menee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gingeyginge - Ooh, I'd love that cape set in white! Sounds delish!

    BaronessVonVintage - Yes, so adorable! :)

    ina - Hope you managed to find something you like.

    Mrs Munster - It is such a lovely color, isn't it? And yes, unfortunately the Finnish winter conditions and vintage are not the easiest of combos. :/

    Jitterbugdoll - Thank you, I hope so!

    Rhia - Tekstasin sulle. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis