Monday, August 23, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

The lovely Kendra at Days in Mayfair gave me this adorable little award... Many thanks! :)



The rules:
1. Post who gave you this award.
2. State ten things you like.
3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment.


10 things I like love in random order:

Traveling

Traveling is one of the great passion of my life. My parents love it as much as I do and I have been traveling since a very young age; I suppose it is in my blood somehow. There's simply nothing like being able to experience a new city and a new culture - and build everlasting memories.



Cinema

I love film and like traveling, I consider it a true passion of mine. I'm especially interested in classic film, indie cinema and road movies but apart from action and sci-fi, I pretty much enjoy it all. I studied film for four years and can't wait to get back to university to continue next month.



Vintage fashion

This should come as no suprise, considering that what you are reading is a vintage themed blog. I'm especially fond of the 1930s and 1940s styles.



Art & architecture

I can't say I've always been as appreciative of art and architecture as I am today. I suppose I never took specific interest in it prior to university, where I sort of by accident began studying art history. I immediately found myself fascinated and enjoying the classes a great deal. In the end, I ended up doing a joint degree in film and history of art. I especially adore the Rococo period, 20th century American art and Gothic and Renaissance architecture. My favorite artist is, perhaps, Edward Hopper.



Arcade Fire

I'm a tad, ahem, infatuated with the band Arcade Fire. I discovered them a little after "Funeral" came out in 2005 but my fandom has taken a whole new dimension since I finally saw them live back in June. Perhaps the word obsession is better suited here.



Venice

La Serenissima, to me, is the most beautiful city in the world. I first visited Venice in 2004 and have gone back almost on an annual basis during fall time. I feel history is truly tangible there, quite unlike in any other city I've been to. It is like stepping back in time when in Venice. It is a city truly right by water and hence very much dominated by its presence. Plus, there are no cars in Venice. Unfortunately mass tourism has left its mark in the beautiful city - and the fact that its art historicals gems are not properly taken care of makes me very sad. I hope something will be done about it before it is too late because Venice is such a special place - and I hope will continue to be for future generations.



Dogs

I adore dogs. They're like little angels, if you ask me, so sincere and loving. I can't wait to be in a more stable place in my life to be able to be a good and responsible dog owner myself.



The sea

This one is pretty self-explanatory. I just love the sea.



History

I suppose a lot of the things I've already listed here really source from my interest in history in general. It is just endlessly fascinating to me.



Food

I love good food and I love cooking. I especially like anything spicy. Thai dishes are my favorite of all.



I'm passing this award on to the following lovely blogs:

Andi B. Goode
Evil Dressmaker
Get Lucky
Good Rockin' Baby
It's All Make Believe, Isn't It?
Matilda's Delights
Piian peili
Rainbow Valley
Sewingswing
This Time Tomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how very sweet of you! I'm really honored. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thank you for this award my lovely!
    I totally agree with you, dogs are little angels and bring such positive energy into our lives, ours looks after us so well and we love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, am working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! =D Yay. I'll try to do this ASAP. I like making lists.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra - Yay! :)

    Una - Aww, no problem at all! Love your blog. :)

    Stefanie Valentine - You're welcome, darling. Looking forward to your list.

    ina - Awesome, can't wait to read your list!

    Andi B. Goode - Yay! Looking forward to your list. I love doing lists too, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks! I'll do this in a few days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really am going to do this but I'm struggling to think of 10 things I love. I know I love more than 10 things but somehow I keep coming up with blanks...Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anniina - Looking forward to reading yours. :)

    Andi B. Goode - Aww, hehe! Take your time. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis