Sweet potato soup a la St. Lucia
From "Tofu keittokirja" by Marianne Kiskola & Sanna Miettunen
Slightly modified by myself
1 large or two small sweet potatoes
1 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp curry powder
One pack of silken tofu (soft tofu)
1 can of coconut milk
2 cups / 5dl of boiled water with 1 vegetable stock cube
Juice from 1 lime
2 tsp salt
Lets get cookin'!
1. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, slice the onion and grate the ginger
2. Cook the sweet potatoes in water, with a pinch of salt
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan and fry the onion and spices for a couple of minutes
4. Use a blender to blend the cooked sweet potatoes, onions, spices, grated ginger and tofu into a creamy soup
6. Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and juice from the lime and blend
7. Return to pot and bring to a boil
8. Add the fresh coriander - and enjoy your soup!
I ended up baking some Finnish Christmas tarts for desert. Mine didn't turn out the most attractive looking of all - but they're still oh, so yummy! Some of my very favorite pastries of the season. They're like a tangible piece of my childhood and always bring to mind the endless wait for Santa all throughout December.