Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photos from Wales

I traveled to Wales last weekend to celebrate my birthday with my dear friends Angie, Mark and their little one Evie, whom I am an honorary auntie to (yay, auntie pride!). We spend Friday in the beautiful Cardiff, which is one of my very favorite cities in the UK. I just love the buildings, the arcades, the atmosphere, everything about this city. We visited the Cardiff Castle, walked around the city and had some yummy Mexican for dinner. Then we headed to Swansea, where we spent the rest of the weekend, shopping, walking around and exploring its beaches and Swansea Bay. I love the sea and seaside of Swansea is simply lovely! I thought I'd share some of the photos that I snapped during our travels.

















10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you sweetheart! looks like you had a marvellous day! Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma - Thank you, darling! PS. I owe you an email. I hope to *finally* fully catch up on my emails next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Might I add that bathroom looks simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasha - It does, doesn't it! Victorian bathrooms are so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I have been to Cardiff castle and remember the Morgan Le Fay tiles so vividly. Just a magical place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. let me try this again....the tiles were designed by Arts & Crafts artist William de Morgan, non? heheh, haven't had my tea yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Gorgeous photos, definitely adding Wales on my "Must Visit" list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BaronessVonVintage - Thank you! :) Hee! The tiles were simply gorgeous, weren't they! Magical, indeed.

    Kati - Thank you! I would definitely recommend visiting Wales. It is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I have dedicated a post to your site in my vintage collection:
    http://look10.blogspot.com/2011/02/vintage-collection-page-13.html
    AND
    http://look10.blogspot.com/2010/02/vintage-collection-database.html
    Hope you like.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicen - Oh, thank you, that is very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis