Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spicing up a winter's day

I thought I'd share another one of my favorite recipes. This is perhaps my favorite for "fast food"; it makes a quick and easy meal that is still very fulfilling and super tasty. Be warned, though, this is a spicy one! So if spicy (or garlic!) is not your thing, then it is probably best to skip this recipe.



Chilli tofu with noodles
Modified from "Tofu keittokirja" by Marianne Kiskola & Sanna Miettunen
Serves two people

You need...

1 large or 2 smaller packs of firm tofu, drained and cut into slices
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2-3 fresh chillies, finely chopped (ideally 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green but I just used 2 red ones myself this time) - remove the seeds if sensitive to hot hot hotttnes
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1dl / 1/2 cup (low salt) soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
a pinch of salt

medium egg noodles

Lets get cookin'!



1. Cook the noodles following the instructions provided in the pack. Drain and set aside, mix with some sesame oil to keep them from sticking together
2. Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, turning, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown
3. Add the onion, garlic and chillies to the wok and stir-fry for a couple of minutes
4. Add the soy sauce, honey and salt to the wok, fry for a further couple of minutes
5. Set the tofu mix aside
6. Toss the noodles in the wok pan and fry for a minute
7. Combine the tofu mix and the noodles and - tada! You're ready to eat!

4 comments:

  1. ooooh that sounds good! I do like tofu in stir fry YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super yummy, indeed. Let me know if you decide to give it a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the recipe! I've cooked this about six times now (though I switched the egg noodles to normal ones) and it's definitely one of my favourites :) So delicious and spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MothMouth - Ooh, I'm so pleased to hear that someone actually tried it, let alone liked it so much! Thank you for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis