Friday, February 18, 2011

Old Movie Geeks in London Pt. 2: 54 Eaton Square & more

I spent the day with my lovely friend Kendra today. We grabbed some yummy lunch in Chinatown and headed out to the Wellcome Collection to see various weird and wonderful objects. We saw the permanent collection as well as an exhibition on mind altering drugs in history and culture. We also continued our geeky old movie tour of London by visiting a couple of locations related to the life and career of Vivien Leigh. We checked out the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, where Vivien starred in The Doctor's Dilemma back in 1942. We also headed out to 54 Eaton Square in Belgravia to see the flat that Vivien used as her home in the city from the late 1950s until her death in 1967. This was the first time I've actually seen the building without scaffolding as it was under construction last time I made my way there. Another treat was that a nice security guard kindly offered to let us in to the garden to see the stone bench dedicated to Vivien's memory by her mother, which I'd never seen up close before.









6 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing for the security guard to do! Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straight Talking Mama - Thanks for the comment! It was really lovely of him to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are so lovely :)

    Really nice security guard too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mycah - Thank you! Yes, the security guard was very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How marvelous! Trul makes me wish I still lived in London-- those photos are beautiful!

    And so is this blog: HOW could I have only just found out about it? I wonder if you would be at all interested in participating in a Jean Harlow Blogathon I'm throwing this week-- I'd just LOVE to have some insight from a fashion guru like you!

    Email me, please, if you think it sounds like fun: kittypackard@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis