Sunday, May 1, 2011

Emerald green on May Day

The weather took a turn for the cold again, which gave me the perfect excuse to take this 1930s wool and rayon piece for another outing today. Some of you might remember that I wore it to Helsinki Vintage back in September. The dress is, unfortunately, not in the best of shape but is still very beautiful and comes with plenty of drool-worthy details. I love the soutache down the front and the deco hooks at the neck, the shirring at the shoulders and those darted sleeves. Gorgeous!




FYI: the framed photo in the last picture is one of my grandma's lovely headshots from around the 50s.

Dress - 1930s wool and rayon vintage dress (via Fab Gabs on Etsy)
Handbag - 1950s vintage (thrifted)
Shoes - 1950s vintage (via Fiona Timantti)

Photos by Riku Pennanen

4 comments:

  1. Such a great dress! I almost bought it but I'm glad you ended up with it, it looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning dress--the color is exquisite on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is one of my favourites in your wardrobe. It suits you so well and those detailes are stunnign! Soutache-decorations are always pretty.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis