Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Fintage picnic, part II

Like back in July of last year, the most stylish people in all of Finland, also known as the members of Fintage, got together for a picnic in Tampere's Näsinpuisto earlier this month. This time a total of 12 vintage enthusiasts showed up to catch up with friends both old and new, chat about all things vintage, browse through old magazines and books and, of course, eat, eat and eat some more. I certainly can't think of many things better in life than the combination of good food and good company.








I wore this blue 1940s party dress that I got from Ebay in early 2010 - but never got around to wearing until now. It has a beautiful rose print, rhinestone buttons and peekaboo details on the bodice that I don't see in dresses of that era too often. I really adore the dress, it is so comfortable and yet so pretty.



Dress - 1940s vintage dress (via jumblelaya on Ebay)
Hat - 1930s vintage (via Hoochie Mama Jane at Tampere Vintage)
Handbag - 1950s vintage (thrifted)
Shoes - 1950s vintage (via Fiona Timantti)

A handful of the photos via Fintage

4 comments:

  1. What great photos! And seriously, could you be cuter with the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is gorgeous, and I recognised the hat from Fiona's blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there! I hope we could arrange more picnics this summer.. You all look so dashing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun and it made up the fact that I didn't make it last year. Hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis