Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby Betty blouse and skirt set by TheBlackPinafore

As some of you may remember, I've posted before about my obsession with pinafore skirts custom made for me by TheBlackPinafore. So when Debora asked me if I'd like to collaborate on a new design with her, I immediately jumped at the chance! The result is a design named Baby Betty, which has been modified from original vintage patterns. The blouse has puffed sleeves, a large open collar and is closed by a row of four buttons. The A-line skirt has large pockets with flaps that match the blouse - such a cute little detail! For the blouse I chose a blue based cotton fabric with a small strawberry print. This fabric is like the very definition of adorable! For the skirt I went with a nice, classic royal blue fabric.

I'm very, very happy with the results! Because I very rarely attend fancy dress events, I mainly go for vintage clothing that I can wear every day, clothing that combines both cute and comfortable. And that is exactly what the Baby Betty design does!

Yesterday my friend Katie and I headed to the Southbank, one of my favourite areas of London, to snap some photos of the outfit. We decided to use these decorated beach huts as a backdrop for the photoshoot. Many thanks to Katie for the photos!

Like what you see? You can get your own custom made blouse and skirt set right here at the TheBlackPinafore Etsy shop! Better yet - TheBlackPinafore is offering the readers of this blog 10% off a purchase until July 31! Just quote BABYBETTY when checking out and Debora will refund the money on your account. Ta-da!





Photos by Katie Sawyer

8 comments:

  1. It looks great! Just a fantastic outfit. I'm working with her on a pinafore skirt and am totally excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blouse, love the pockets x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. What a great design! You two did such a great job. =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear you like the outfit. :)

    Tasha - How exciting! I'm sure you'll love your pinafore skirt. I sure love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfir. Mayby you could work on a wearable daydress to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love this post <3http://irisbabycakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristina - Thank you for the comment! There will be more collaborations between TheBlackPinafore and myself in the future. You can surely expect cute and wearable day dresses!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis