Friday, July 29, 2011

By the sea

On Monday the sky cleared and sun came out to play. My friend Marjo and I decided to head over to Brighton for a day trip to make most of the summer-y weather. This was the first time visiting Brighton for both of us - and we were positively enchanted by the city! We spend all day enjoying carousel and ghost rides, eating Brighton Rock candy, drinking milkshake and playing games at Brighton Pier. And sitting by the beach, just basking in the glory of the sea and sunshine. Perfect day, really.

I wrote about my obsession with pink day dresses a couple of days back and, thanks to the beautiful weather, I was able to take one of my own for an outing. And one of my very favourite frocks at that! I bought this 1930s cotton feedsack house dress from Fab Gabs in early 2010. The dress features a whimsical floral print in pink, blue and white. It has a low lace trimmed collar and Deco style "w" seaming at the hips. There's a white modestly inset at the neckline. It is getting hard to find cotton feedsack dresses in such good shape, and especially in larger sizes, so I really and truly treasure mine.

Oh and a little girl asked if I am a real princess. So, there you have it; concrete proof that a pink vintage dress can really get you places! :)

















9 comments:

  1. Aww, yeay Brighton! I'd love to go some time this summer if you're up for it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra - Ooh, yes, I'd LOVE to go back! And I'm glad to hear you like the new layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is pure prefection on you! It's often said that redheads can't wear pink but you prove that completely wrong. I wish I wasn't so tanned so I could get away with wearing pink with (faded) red hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piia - Aww, thank you! I have definitely noticed that some shades of red in clothing don't work with red hair. I haven't tried any all pink dresses so I realistically don't know if that would work with the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so lovely! I can see why the little girl asked if you were a real princess. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress. I just love Brighton, wonderful photos. What a lovley compliment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to Brighton, I've been dreaming of it quite some time! You look great in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis