Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dancing in the street

On Saturday my friends and I headed out into the city to celebrate Pride - and my first ever Pride at that! It was pretty surreal to see Regent Street and Whitehall up until Trafalgar Square closed for traffic. Instead, these massive streets of London were filled with tens of thousands of onlookers, each more colourful than the other. Gays here, gays there, gays everywhere! We watched the parade at Piccadilly Circus, cheering, applauding, singing, dancing and showing our support to all of hundreds of gay rights groups and organisations that took part in the parade. It was a really, really awesome day and made me wish every day was Pride day! I thought I'd share a handful of snaps from the parade.















4 comments:

  1. 1. I can comment! Hurrah!
    2. You look gorgeous as usual.
    3. These are great photos. We have a sort of Pride parade here, I guess, for the opening of the Feast Festival each year but, of course, nothing as big as this. (Which I suppose is obvious because there aren't as many people here!)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that must have been a great experience. I would have loved to participate in Helsinki Pride.. Actually, when I was in the States, there was a Pride parade in Portland that we happened to walk alongside with, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona Timantti - <3 back at you! Miss you, lady!

    Andi B. Goode - Hurrah for being able to comment again! The London Pride was definitely massive. I mean, I knew it was going to be big but I wasn't expecting for it to be quite this massive in scale. It was so awesome to see so many gays and allies gather together!

    Anniina - How awesome! Perhaps one year I'll see you at the Helsinki Pride. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis