Sunday, January 8, 2012

My top 10 beauty products, Pt. 1



Lip Ink lip stain in Red
This one is my favourite beauty product of all, by miles and miles.

I discovered Lip Ink through the recommendation by Miss Amanda Lee and it was love at first sight. Now, a year later, that love has only deepened. Now, I'm a girl who likes to wear red lips on a daily basis... But I also have a fairly busy life and I'm not generally a very high maintenance person. And, lets face it, no matter how good a lipstick, it is always a lot of work when you're a person who goes out a lot. Sick and tired of having to touch up my lipstick after every meal, I turned to Lip Ink - and never looked back. It lasts meals, drinks, making out, partying all day and night. I now have it in four different shades but my favourite is Red. It is a bright and sassy red, rather similar to MAC's Ruby Woo. In all of 2011, I probably wore "real" lipstick twice. For these reasons and plenty more, Lip Ink is my #1 beauty product. I simply cannot recommend it enough.


L'Oreal Elnett Satin hairspray for Coloured Hair 
Simply the best hairspray I ever came across. It keeps my hair feeling smooth instead of stiff whilst providing a good hold, even for more elaborate vintage 'dos. I also love that it is brushable.


KC Professional Color Mask in Pepper 
Red hair, not the easiest of colours to maintain. Several people recommended this product to me when I first went red and had trouble maintaining the colour, and I've sworn by it ever since. Most of the tinted conditioners that I've tried don't really colour hair, per se. They just give you an extra shine, if even that. This mask is a tinting treatment for coloured hair that that gives a very strong, vivid colour almost equal to freshly dyed hair. Again, the Pepper shade is bright and sassy, just the way I like it. Now, this is a Finnish product so I'm not sure how it is stocked abroad. I just always stock up plenty when I go back to Finland myself. But be sure to check out their website if you're interested.


Schwarzkopf Live XXL hair dye in Real Red 35
I only had my hair dyed professionally for the first few years upon going red and I would most definitely recommend that for anyone making the transition to red (or basically any new colour). However, I can't afford that luxury at the moment so I've gone back to the box. I was scared that I wouldn't find a colour intense enough for my liking but Real Red is the kind of shade that I really like. My only complaint is that it fades faster than most of the salon dyes... But that isn't really a complaint since I can now afford to dye my hair as often as I like to keep it an intense red.


Perfume
I love perfumes. To me a fragrance is part of a look; I don't feel as though I'm ready to go to unless I'm wearing a nice perfume. It just adds the final touch, if you will. Some people only stick with one perfume but I tend to have several on rotation to match my moods. My current favourite is Prada Candy.

10 comments:

  1. I always love posts like this - I suppose it's a little like snooping in someone's bathroom cupboard but with permission. Haha. I love perfume, too. Unfortunately many of them make me sneeze. Bah! Even the ones I enjoy wearing myself. Oh well. Prada Candy sounds interesting. I'll have to have a sniff next time I'm by the perfume department. :)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... pitääkin testata tuota KC:n Color Maskia, nyt kun minäkin olen punapää :D Mistähän mä löydän sitä Tampereella?
    Koska muuten olet seuraavan kerran tulossa Suomeen? Mulla on sun jäsenkortti odottelemassa (ollut jo jonkin aikaa) mutta en vaan oo muistanu kysyä että minne sen voisi lähettää...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi - Haha, I agree! I've received so many amazing tips from various bloggers along the years so I thought it would be good to pass them on. :) Do let me know what you think of Prada Candy if you give it a sniff.

    Rhia - Oi, mahtavaa! Color Maskia löytyy Prismasta (halvin siellä!), Hair Storesta, muistaakseni Sokoksesta ja yleisesti kampaamoliikkeistä. Kokeile ja kerro mitä pidät. Mä en tiedä ollenkaan koska oon tulossa seuraavan kerran Suomeen. Olisikohan paras laittaa kortti postiin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to love post like these!..and I wonder if you wold mind terribly if I made it to a vintage blogger challenge here in Sweden?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina - Thanks! :) No, of course I wouldn't mind that. Please feel free to go ahead with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of vintage bloggers here in Sweden have now taken on (and more to come!)the 10 best beauty product challenge. Have a look! At Isis blog http://fortieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-top-10-beauty-products.html and mine....http://dahlingitsvintagy.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-top-ten-beauty-products.html
    Thank You for providing the inspiration.
    Kiitos söpö Riikka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ostin tota color maskia kokeeksi prismasta. Sehän on ihan mahtavaa tavaraa!
    Jos viitsit pistää mulle vaikka sähköpostiin jonkun osoitteen johon sen jäsenkortin voisi postittaa niin pistän sen tulemaan :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristina - That's very cool! I'm happy to hear that.

    Rhia - Mahtavaa! Toki, laitan sulle mailia tulemaan samantien. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfume really plays important on my finishing touches before going out. Without perfume, then it will turn my day vulnerable. Thus, having several types will help me decide what to wear depending on where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara Frickles - Could not have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis