Sunday, September 2, 2012

Berets, bows and pumps

Today my girlfriend and I went thrifting in the beautiful neighbourhood of Eira, mainly to look for items for our new home. It was a lovely day; the sun was out and it was relatively warm outside. I was pleased to get another jacket free outing, which we are quickly running out of here in Helsinki.

My extempore outfit is a bit of a mixture of everything, both the old and the new. The dress is from the 1940s, the crochet purse is 1930s and the rest are mainly high street finds. Oh, Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage posted about these shoes a while back and I ended up ordering a pair from Ebay. I love the t-strap, the rounded toe and the low heel, which makes them comfortable. Plus, they're very affordable. I'll definitely order another pair in a different colour, they're just so cute and wearable.

I don't know why but I felt a bit Bonnie Parker-ish in this outfit. Although I can't really picture Bonnie Parker rocking a sweater with bows.



Dress - 1940s vintage (via Ebay)
Handbag - 1930s vintage (via Ebay)
Sweater - Primark
Beret - Forever 21
Belt - New Look
Shoes - Ebay - shyoki2009

4 comments:

  1. Just perfect!!!! I love beret for fall and winter, I'm french afterall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I adore this look - it's so elegant, refined, and timelessly becoming.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could honestly look at photos of your outfits all day, they are gorgeous (as are you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurence - Thank you! Nothing beats a beret for fall and winter - and why not all around the year!

    Jessica Cangiano - Thank you for your kind words, dearie, as always.

    Siobhan - Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say and makes me very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis