Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A bit of 1930s & 1940s fall inspiration

Like I've previously mentioned, I am simply not a fan of the fall and winter seasons. Whilst others manage to look super cute in hats, gloves and layers a plenty, I just never seem to manage to pull it off. However, I have learned from many years of past mistakes and, like last year, I've prepared well in advance. I didn't want to be caught by surprise, especially as the weather gets cold so fast here in Finland, like it already has.

While I'm preparing for a cold and lengthy winter, I thought I'd post some fall inspiration all the way from 1930s and 40s Hollywood to brighten up these long, dark and wet autumnal evenings. The large majority of these are sourced from my many Tumblr favourites.

Enjoy!



















4 comments:

  1. I just love that first image!!!! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, these images are so fantastic! I'm a huge fall fan and can usually tolerate winter quite well, too, but my warm weather wardrobe is bigger than my cold weather one at the moment, so I can use all the inspiration for the fall/winter pieces I do have this year. Thank you very much, as this wonderful post definitely delivers on that front!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pics. And the girls are wearing great vintage fashion. Inspiring!!! Hugs from Miss Maple

    ReplyDelete
  4. BaronessVonVintage - The first image is cuteness personified!

    Jessica Cangiano - Many thanks! Unfortunately my warm weather wardrobe tends to be bigger than my cold weather one too, considering that I live in very cold climate - but I'm working on it. :)

    Miss Maple - Very inspiring images, aren't they! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis