Monday, October 22, 2012

Finnish Burlesque Gala

After a day of vintage adventures that included dumpster diving (oh yes!) and knitting, I cleaned up, donned a frock and headed out to the Finnish Burlesque Gala, where the country's sparkliest performers bumped and grinded the night away for an excited audience.

The evening also marked the grand release of the much awaited Fintage calendar for 2013 and, ladies and gents, it is even more gorgeous than I could have imagined! It will be available for purchase online soon and I'll be sure to keep you posted about that as it is something that you simply don't want to miss.

As I was there first and foremost on official Fintage duty, selling the aforementioned calendar and postcards, I cannot comment much on the performances themselves - but it was truly lovely to get to spend some quality time with my fabulous friends. Here are some snaps of a few of them.

Some of the ladies of Fintage:
Marianne, Jirina, me and Rhia


Jirina looking über glam in her
30s reproduction red velvet gown


Rhia in a head turning beaded silk gown 

Marianne in a swoon-worthy 30s number,
rocking some equally enviable finger waves

The stunning Ulrika of The Freelancer's Fashion Blog,
who also performed that night

DJ with the mostess, Miss Fiona Timantti

Lassi ja Jirina on stage, presenting
the release of the Fintage calendar


I wore my silk-satin Able Grable Countess dress with black 40s pumps and handbag. Oh and my brand new orange lily hair flower duo from Belle Blossoms, which I love!

4 comments:

  1. you're beautiful, but you know that I also have your own purse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debora! You mean you have the very same purse as me? What a fun coincidence!

      Delete
  2. My stars, you all look so, so glamorous and wildly gorgeous. I adore your outfit and hair, both of which have me swooning (and taking style notes!) over here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Jessica! How sweet of you to say.

      Delete

ShareThis