Saturday, December 8, 2012

Three years of Harlean's Heyday!


I launched Harlean's Heyday on December 8, 2009 to document my fast growing vintage collection and my love of the history of cinema. Today is December 8, 2012, which means that this baby is turning 3-years old!

I am by no means a professional blogger and my blogging tendencies are oftentimes sporadic at best due to the bumpy roller coaster ride called life. But I am proud of the fact that I've been able to keep this blog of mine, which started as a "fun project for the long and cold Finnish winter," going for three years. 

The most valuable thing that I have gained through blogging is, without a doubt, your friendship. Back when I started this blog, it probably never occurred to me that it would lead to so many new and amazing friendships. Thank you so much for sticking by me, many of you for several years, for reading, for commenting, for your emails, your letters and long talks over a cup of tea. 

I'll leave you with a handful of fun images from the past couple of years of blogging, which were taken in the different cities I've in through these years: Helsinki, Tampere and London.

Here's to perhaps another three years of blogging - and surely all of the new friendships waiting to be made!


















22 comments:

  1. Congratulations – your blog-baby is a wonderful inspiration...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendidly happy blogiversary wishes!!! Three years is a huge accomplishment. I'm super proud of your, dear gal, and wish you many, many more years of blissful vintage blogging.

    Your devoted fan,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for being such an avid reader, Jessica! I really & truly appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy 3 years, darling. I'm, personally, very happy that you blog. Knowing you pre-blogging and in the height of our fansite days has been a treat as well but getting to know a more personal side has been lovely. Everything you put together inspires me to go out and do more of the vintage look that I'd love to do on an every day basis.
    you're so lovely and here's to another 3 years, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I love that we've reconnected through blogging, and it makes me happy to hear that my blog inspires you to put a little bit of a vintage spin on your own style. Muah!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! We both love your blog and can't wait to finally meet up one day. The photos are beautiful as always! Ps yesterday we were with Michelle at Spitalfields and saw a dress in Colectif which made us all immediately think of you!
    With love from Johnny and June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much to both of you lovelies! I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I'll get to meet you soon. Oh and this Colectif dress that you speak of has me very curious now! x

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS!!!! Blogging is sometimes not easy because you must to give some of your time but when it brings you some new friends, it'w worth it for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so true; oftentimes life simply has to come first but blogging is, without a doubt, worth the time and effort.

      Delete
  6. Merry happy happy! Here's to the next three years being as beautifully turned out!

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I always love seeing your gorgeous photos. Here's to a great 2013 to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tasha! Wishing you and your wife a lovely 2013 as well! <3

      Delete
  8. Oh congratulations!!! My blog is 3 years old this month too. I never imagined that blogging could be so life-changing but it really is, isn't it? Here's to another wonderful year in blogging! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittany - and congratulations to you and your blog, too! I do recall we started our blogs just around the same time. Funny how fast time goes by! x

      Delete
  9. What a lovely blog you have! I found you via Tasha at By Gum By Golly. I love your style! I bet you shake up the academic types very nicely. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Sarah, and thank you for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  10. Yea!!!! Congrats :) when blogs last- you know you are passionate about it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all your pics!so chic!kisses from Italy
    http://newdada.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis