Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Burlescopolis extravaganza!


So, I had my Helsinki Burlesque Festival cherry popped last weekend. And it was oh, so good!

The word 'excited' doesn't really cover just how beside myself with glee I was to finally get to attend, especially as this year's festival was themed Burlescopolis to pay homage to the magic of the early days of cinema. I'm happy to say that the festival surpassed all of my expectations and by a long mile - it was truly spectacular! The glitter, the glamour, the delicious decadence. It was probably the closest I'll ever get to real life Velvet Goldmine, which is saying a lot.

I had a custom red sequined gown made by Time Machine Vintage to mark the occasion. We drew inspiration from an image of a 1932 Chanel dress and mixed it with that dress from The Bride Wore Red (1937). The result is a vintage Jessica Rabbit dream come true! I paired the dress with a silver mesh bag circa 1905, German art deco earrings from 1925 and my silver 30s heels. The make-up was inspired by the 1920s, hair finger waved and sprayed with glitter, naturally.

We took very few photos during the weekend but here are a few snapshots that come from Jirina's camera and my Instagram feed. Most of them are fangirly photos with our favourite performer of the weekend, the one and only Tigger!












9 comments:

  1. Wow you look both amazing :)Its sounds like you had a fabulous time!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are both so damn beautiful. And what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so wonderful! You both look so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress...my stars, it's glamorous heaven on earth. You both look enchantingly stunning, dear ladies!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer, you look DIVINE! Simply breathtaking. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, what divine couple you make x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis